There are multiple ways to sort products in management and in sales screen. You can sort products by code or name, or you can use custom sort for your products and groups.
Sort by name or code (SKU)
By default, products and groups are sorted by name.
You can change the default sorting if you go to Settings > Products and select preferred way of sorting products from Sorting option.
- Name (default)
Additionally, you can use custom sorting and rank product independently of their name or code. To access product sorting, go to Management > Products and click Sorting button.
Once in the Sorting screen, you can use drag & drop technique to rearrange products and groups the way you want. Once you are done arranging products and groups, click Save button to save the changes.
Sorting screen contains the following options:
- Save - Saves the changes
- Top - Move selected item to the top of the list
- Bottom - Moves selected item to the bottom of the list
- Reset - Clears custom sorting and resets the rank to default (0) for all products and groups
- Help - Opens help center and takes you to this page
- Sort products - When selected, products are displayed so you can sort them
- Sort groups - When selected, product groups are selected so you can sort them
Default rankDefault product rank is zero. When products are using the default rank, they will be sorted by name or code.
Ranking for new products and groupsIf custom sorting is used, new products and groups will be ranked at the bottom when you create them.
Sorting product groups
You can toggle between products and groups sorting by selecting Sort products or Sort groups option on top right corner of the screen.
To reset sort to default, click Reset button and confirm the operation in the dialog that will appear. Resetting will set default (0) value for all products and groups.