Keep your data safe
Remember to create regular backup copies to ensure your data is safe. Read more about backing up database here.
Different Aronium versions are using different databases, so restore process is different. Please read instructions for the version you are using and you need to restore database for.
Restore database on Aronium Lite
Go to directory where Aronium is installed, by default it is located at C:\Program files\Aronium. In this directory, find dbsetup.exe and run it. Once you open it, do the following:
- Select your previously created backup file
- Click "Restore database" button
Once database restore is complete, you will see a confirmation screen.
Manual restore (Aronium Lite only)
Aronium Lite (Standalone) version is using a file-based database, meaning that restore is simply a matter of replacing the single file. To restore your backup copy created with Aronium, follow the steps below.
If you are able to start Aronium
- Rename backup file to match the original file name, it should be named "pos.db"
- In Aronium, go to "Settings / Database" and click "Open database location". A directory where database is located will open
- In that directory, you will see a file named "pos.db" (it is the database you have to replace)
- Turn off Aronium before replacing the database file, if it is running
- Replace that file with previously renamed backup file (replace old "pos.db" with backup file from step #1)
- Start Aronium, you will have your backup restored
If you are not able to start Aronium
In case your database is damaged and you are not able to start Aronium, you can find database directory at the following path:
C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Aronium\Data
where <YOUR USER NAME> part is your Windows account name.
In this location, you will see a file named "pos.db", that is your database you need to replace with a backup copy.
To replace old, damaged database, rename the backup file to "pos.db" (as described in step #1) and replace the original database file with it.
Once you have replaced the file start Aronium, your database should be accessible and operational.
Accessing application data directory using Run command
You can access Aronium directory by pressing "Windows key + R", type "%localappdata%" and press enter. From that directory, go to "\Aronium\Data" directory to find the database file.
Restore database on Aronium Pro
Run restore on the server computerRestore operation must be done on a computer where database server is installed.
Backup file locationBackup file must be located in a directory accessible by database services, meaning it cannot be placed on your Desktop or inside My Documents folder.
We recommend putting a backup file you want to use for restore in the root of your "C:\" drive.
Go to directory where Aronium is installed, by default it is located at C:\Program files\Aronium.In this directory, find dbsetup.exe and run it. Once you open it, do the following:
- Select "Restore database" tab
- Select your database server, it should be the one named "Aronium". Full server name should be something like "<YOUR-PC-NAME>\ARONIUM"
- Select database you used when you installed Aronium Pro (Networking) version on that PC
- Select your backup file
- Click "Restore database" button
Once restore is completed, you will see your data in Aronium again.